Sunday 30 December 2012

New Year's Restitution

It's that time of year, again, where I find meself sitting, and a pondering, as to where the time has gone. With 2012 having been a surprisingly busy time, with little to show for me hardest efforts, I'm now re-evaluating a list of future options.

I've tackled three very different day jobs, since the beginning of the year, along with me writing and ongoing commitments to community service. It's hard to say if me passion to write will ever fan out into a creative career, but its an addictive challenge that's still refreshingly enjoyable, even after a long day working for someone else's profit. Having managed to attend three lovely weddings, that were planned for, and sadly missing two funerals due to the commitment of a demanding day job that wasn't as flexible as I, has made it an up and down kinda year. The old and familiar realisation of doing what's right and holding the fort, when needs must, still doesn't mean the favour will be returned, or even respected and retained at a later date, has knocked me over yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment