Sunday 6 March 2011

Sex is better than the Internet

I notched up this slug line from pick and mixing the subjects being debated on “Argumental”, part of David Walliams’ 24 hour panel show marathon in aid of Red Nose Day, a UK charity extravaganza. Apart from the highly embarrassing stint featuring a set of weird twins, on some appalling show called “Celebrity Juice”, its been pretty entertaining viewing.  

The proceedings have been transmitted, almost live, on the Internet for over 14 hours, now, complete with on air gaffs, scenery changes and production edits. Twitter has made it an amazing interactive experience, with an admission that there was a 10 minute delay in programme feeds to the Internet when viewers were asked to Tweet “Bumblesquat”. A Twitterism and in-joke, if you like, for those that were there, I’m afraid!

When I first experimented with Twitter, I didn’t understand what it was all about. Found it pretty boring, to be honest, but now I see its merits. Putting aside the geeks who can’t go to the loo without telling the whole wide world, social networking media is a great platform for debating current issues. Red Nose Day has been catapulted into a global trending topic of conversation with donation pledges coming in from across the world.

If you wander past me blog before 12.00hrs on Sunday 6th March, check this out:


So, back to me slug line: Sex is better than the Internet. In my humble opinion, the Internet is but a tool and sex a physical expression of emotions. To save getting meself into any trouble, me finks I’d best opt in favour of the argument: I’d rather be outside!

5 comments:

  1. I'm not going to argue with you about sex v internet. In fact, I think I'll just keep quiet on the whole subject.

    Talking of the internet (it's only one subject I'm keeping quiet about) I've given you a stylish blogger award. Pop over to mine and see if you can work out which style I've picked for your blog (obviously if it was just you, not the blog, I'd still be debating between fun, sweet, charming, kind hearted, friendly, funny ...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think I'd better keep quiet on the subject too, you never know what might slip out.

    (Patsy, you forgot a couple of things, each of them prefixed by the word 'big')

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big ...? Oh you must mean talent and personality. Yes, she's got those all right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever girl! That's just what I was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erm... Me finks you two are in car-hoots!
    Not written anything for me blog this week as I've been pretty busy in the NHS!

    ReplyDelete