Tuesday 31 August 2010

Pyramids and Moonlight

Today I opened a fortune cookie that said: “You long to see the Great Pyramids in Egypt”.

Well, I’ve been there, seen them, and got the galabeya. It was my dream holiday, and the wonder of the temples and historic sites certainly took my breath away.

Looking back on all the places I’ve lived and visited, I’ve come to the conclusion that it doesn’t matter where you go, or what you do, it’s who you’re with that really counts. I do have another dream holiday, in mind, but it requires a companion to complete the experience. So, until I can find a suitable person, to fulfil the role, I’d rather not even think about holidays.

7 comments:

  1. Awww honey.. I am sorry we are across the pond from each other... I'd go with you! =)
    Find me if you want to talk! Hugs to you honey!
    And you are right... It is who you are with that matters... not where you go!!!
    Hugs and smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh go on, think about holidays, and all the nice things you can think of. Don't close your curtains on the world just because Mister Lucky ain't wandered into your life yet. I hear the pyramids ain't all they're cracked up to be anyway. See one pile of rocks and you've seen them all. And getting the galabeya is only to be expected when you eat foreign food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh... Mr Valance, if you could see the view from my weekday retreat, you wouldn't wanna go on holiday, either!

    That's very sweet of you Cecile, but I need a man who likes long nights, for hugs and much more than "smoochies", on my next dream holiday ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. With that view you hardly need a holiday - especially when the Marines are training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the view included you sitting there chewing on a giant humbug, then I'd be inclined to agree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're passing this way, Cowboy, I got aniseed twists to suck, pontefract cakes to chew, but the chocolate dip is reserved for the Marines, should they come a-swinging-on-ma-perch!

    Anything I need to know about the "Marines' selection" process", Patsy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. J.J.!

    Forgive my being late...I've had a sick puppy to watch over...but he's better now.

    Best thing to do...until mister right shows up...and he will...they always do....get that writing career going! Writing him in every scene you write, see him, make him walk and talk and become alive....surprising how creating him in your mind can make him wander into your life in the physical world! ;-)

    Believe and things happen!
    big hugs sweetie
    Hawk

    ReplyDelete